Monday, October 30, 2006

Weekend stuff

I hope you had a great weekend. We certainly did. We took the children to "Boo at the Zoo". The place was packed but the children got an opportunity to wear their costumes one extra time(and get my money's worth). At least my daughter did. My son refused to wear his and was reduced to tears when we tried to convince him to put it on. So he trick-or-treated in sweat pants. We spent the evening lounging watching my daughters favorite shows. It was great to have everyone together.

On Sunday we decided to try a new church. We knew which one we wanted to try but didn't know the particulars. I looked it up to find the time of the service but there wasn't an ad just a phone number. My hubby called and we were set! We downed our breakfast and were dressed and ready with plenty of time to spare. We hopped in the car and then drove for nearly an hour looking for the place! I thought I knew where it was but I was wrong my husband thought he knew where it was but he was wrong. His was closer than mine but it didn't matter because by the time we found it the service had been going for nearly 20 minutes. Next week. Next week we'll get it right.

Since we didn't make it in time we went to the park then out for chinese food. It was a great day. I even got a nap!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe God wanted you to take the weekend off, ha,ha..

Kelly said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I hope the church thing works out next week, how frustrating. I hate when I can't find a place.

Chick said...

Any day where there's a nap involved...perfect.

Jay said...

THat's exactly why I don't drive: I have pictures in my head where things are, but I can never get me to the pictures!

The Funky Bee said...

That sounds like a great weekend! I've always wondered what they do for boo at the zoo, they do that at the zoo in D.C. and well, since I don't have kids I really have never had the urge to check it out if you know what I mean...anyway, glad your weekend was so wonderful