Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back in the saddle

School is back in and we seem to be back in to the swing of things.  Since CCB got promoted he has better hours and is able to take my daughter to school most mornings.  That's a big deal because it allows her to sleep an extra hour and get up at 5:45 am!  My son appears to be getting lots of homework but some how he's getting a lot of it done before he gets home so I mostly have to check it.  He hates homework.    My daughter has honors classes and it appears that it's going to be a challenge for me to be able to help her when she needs it.  It's just been so long!  I'm gonna have to sharpen my skills! 

My husband and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary.  I can't believe it's been that long already.  We have been together 19 years now and I realize I've been with him for half my life!  I like that stat.  It's comforting to know he's always there.  He's seen me at my best as well as at my lowest, and he hasn't gone running for the hills yet! 

In the kitchen I tried my hand at baking Ciabatta bread.  It came out pretty darn good.  Not very labor intensive, no kneading or anything.  It just took lots of TIME.  My recipe said to mix up the starter and let it sit over night.  Then add in the rest of the ingredients and let it rise for 3 hours.  Then form it on your baking sheets and let it rise 30 more minutes.  Easy peasy just takes a little planning, or in my case a timer!

I finished my first tow up sock.  While I like the process I wasn't excited about the sock.  It wasn't the patterns fault though.  I believe it was the yarn I was using.  I used the left over yarn from my knitted tank top.  Matching socks right?  Yeah well, not so much.  I have made i-cord bracelets for everyone in the house and finished up an old beaded bracelet.  Inspiration struck but I didn't have what I needed to put them together so the other ideas are just jotted on a piece of paper.  :(  I feel compelled to knit but I have no project picked out.  ACK!

2 comments:

Granny Annie said...

It sounds like you've got everyone, including yourself, off to a good start.

Lorna said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I think I can remember when it was the tenth.