Saturday, August 13, 2011

Busy

I've been a little busy this week.  Got all the stuff done for my sons return to school.  My daughter's supply shopping won't be attempted till the first day of school.  No lists given out early in High school.  Nope.  We got her schedule and we got the names of her teachers but no lists.  SO the entire high school will be out in force on Monday afternoon.  Wiping out the shelves of all the local stores.  I unfortunately will be right in the middle of it.  I like to get things done early so I don't have to be in the mess but the just won't let me!

I've also been busy "relaxing" with my honey.  He couldn't take a full week off because they are short handed at work so he split his last week of vacation up and combined a couple of days with his days off.  It's been nice having him home.  I think I've taken a nap every day!  Come Monday everyone will be off to work or school and I will go from busy bustling home to silence.  I'm a little sad about that.  On the other hand, my husband gets one day off during the week when the kids are in school and we use that as our "date day".  It's a day I look forward to every week.  :D  So back to school is bitter sweet.

We went to see Captain America at the theater today.  (It's my husbands birthday.)  I went in to the bathroom after the movie and the first stall I entered had a wet seat. BLECH!  Come on ladies!  Have some respect.  The next stall had no latch so it just swung back open after I entered.  Finally I found a suitable stall but it took some searching!  I don't know how people can leave a place that we all have to share so gross. 

Teaching myself to knit some socks from the toe up.  I think I like it better than the other way.  I've completed the toe and am working on the mid part of the foot now.  It will be interesting to see how working the gusset is from the other direction.  Found a site online that has some great tips.  It disturbs me how much I enjoy learning new techniques by reading or watching videos online.  SO much to learn!

My belly is full of birthday cake and I should go change into some looser pants.  CCB requested a spice cake but they had no mixes at the store.  I found a recipe online and whipped one up but was worried since I had never tried it before.  I didn't know if it was going to be like he was looking for or not.  I lucked out.  Trial run was a hit!  I need more notice for special requests!  Hee hee!

I hope you all have a great week!

5 comments:

Granny Annie said...

When you hit your head, you spouse suggested you take a nap. When he is off work, you get to take more naps. It sounds like time with hubby involves a lot of time in bed:)

Oh great One said...

Hahahaha! And not even the GOOD kind of time in bed!

missjessica said...

what's the knitting site you mentioned?

Oh great One said...

There are actually two sites now. The first one gave good tips and the second one is has a quick and easy to follow pattern. I'm working on that right now. :D http://www.socknitters.com/toe-up/tulessonone.htm And http://media.wendyknits.net/media/toe-upsockswithadifference.pdf

Lorna said...

busy can be good; however, not busy prepares you for retirement.