Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Dis and Dat

Talked to my dad this morning.  Doesn't look like he's getting out of the hospital today after all.  He sounds like his old self but it seems his blood pressure is bouncing up and down so they want to monitor him and see what's causing that.  At least he's where he needs to be for care.  He doesn't like to go to the doc so if they sent him home he probably wouldn't follow up on it.  In the hospital he has no choice! :)

I'm working a knitting project.  Up till now the only things I'd done were scarves and socks.  LOVE knitting socks, it gets a little tricky but I like a challenge.  So I wanted to venture into other things I could actually use.  I have more afghans than I can use and don't need any more doilies or hot pads.  (crocheted them ages ago)  So I settled on a project I could wear but wouldn't take ages to do.  It makes me practice increases and decreases which I need to do.  It's a tank top.  I know! A knitted tank top.  Sounds kinda weird.  It's cute in the picture though so I'm hoping I can do it justice with my newly acquired knitting skills.  I'll post a picture when it's all done.

Almost school time again.  I have most of my sons supplies stashed away and just need to focus on uniforms. As luck would have it most of the kids stuff still fits from last year.  THAT is a blessing.  They only need a few things to fill in the gaps.  I have to hem a pair of my sons pants from last year and make them into shorts.  His waist is the same he just shot UP.  :)  I'm glad I finally learned how to hem.  I have saved lots of uniform pants this way.  Yet another skill I picked up from the trusty Internet.   HA HA!

I'm off to get my knit on.  Hope you have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Mad Housewife said...

I buy kids' clothes too big on purpose and use the adjustable waist thingies.

Lorna said...

I never learned to knit, but I used to crochet up a storm---not so good at it anymore, but what I've been enjoying is designing bracelets and earrings-I string them and emily does the fine work. It's a good partnership

Oh great One said...

Oh Lorna! I wish you'd post some pictures of your projects! I'd love to see them!

Granny Annie said...

Glad to know you dad sounds good even though he's had to stay over in the hospital.

It is so hot here that I cannot become motivated to projects however you have inspired me and I'm going to get to some things today.